The ExecutiveMPA@Syracuse welcomes ambitious professionals from diverse educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds, united by their commitment to driving positive change.
To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
- Have at least five years of full-time professional experience including managerial and/or public policy positions
- Demonstrate fluency in English if living in a non-English-speaking country
- Show proof of proficiency in algebraic and geometric principles to enroll in some courses
There is no minimum undergraduate GPA requirement and, like many executive education programs, no GRE or GMAT scores are required to apply to the program.
Given the importance of mathematics in the curriculum, incoming ExecutiveMPA@Syracuse students will be required to review key algebraic and geometric principles through the ALEKS course. Students must demonstrate proficiency in these key concepts prior to starting PAI 897: Fundamentals of Policy Analysis. The purpose of this review is to improve your understanding of course content and your performance in the class.
ALEKS starts with a diagnostic test to determine what topics you need to review. You will then be taken to a personalized mini-course to work through each topic through instruction, practice problems, and worksheets.
Students will pay $40 to access the customized math preparatory course for six weeks. Some students may be eligible to be waived from the requirement. For more information, please contact your admissions counselor.
Our admissions committee accepts and reviews applications on a rolling basis; however, we encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. In addition to having more time to plan courses, secure financial aid, and begin networking, students who submit their applications before the Priority Submit Deadline will have their application fee reduced to $45.
Summer — July 2017
- Priority Submit Deadline: April 3, 2017
- Application Submit Deadline: May 8, 2017
Fall — October 2017
- Priority Submit Deadline: June 27, 2017
- Application Submit Deadline: August 1, 2017