- What are the requirements for admission?
- What is required in the application?
- What is the application deadline?
- Are transfer credits accepted?
- Are GRE scores required?
- How many years of work experience are required?
- I’m not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Can I apply?
- I’m a U.S. citizen living abroad. Am I eligible for the program?
- What is the application fee?
- Can the application fee be waived?
- Are there any prerequisite course requirements?
- Are there special requirements for international students?
- Do I have to take the TOEFL?
What are the requirements for admission?
Applicants must have at least five years of full-time professional work experience in managerial and/or public policy positions and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. As with many executive education programs, there is no minimum GPA or GRE required, but students with current scores are encouraged to submit them.
What is required in the application?
In addition to completing the online application, you must also submit the application fee, a personal essay, three letters of recommendation, official transcripts, and a resume or CV.
The deadlines for the January 2018 start are:
- Priority Submit Deadline: September 29, 2017
- Application Submit Deadline: November 6, 2017
The deadlines for the April 2018 start are:
- Priority Submit Deadline: January 5, 2018
- Application Submit Deadline: February 6, 2018
The deadlines for the July 2018 start are:
- Priority Submit Deadline: April 2, 2018
- Application Submit Deadline: May 8, 2018
Are transfer credits accepted?
Students may petition to have up to six credit hours transferred into the program. For more information on the criteria and process for a petition, please consult with your admissions counselor.
Are GRE scores required?
Like the on-campus executive education program, GRE scores are not required to apply. However, applicants with current GRE scores are encouraged to include them with their application.
Can the application fee be waived?
Application fee waivers are available for active-duty service members, veterans, McNair Scholars, current Syracuse University undergraduate and graduate students, Syracuse University alumni, and Syracuse University employees. Speak with an admissions counselor to learn more.
Are there any prerequisite course requirements?
There are no prerequisite course requirements for admission to the program. However, given the importance of mathematics in the curriculum, students must demonstrate proficiency in key algebraic and geometric principles prior to enrolling in PAI 897: Policy. For more information, please consult with your admissions counselor.
Are there special requirements for international students?
There are no additional requirements for international applicants. However, if your bachelor’s degree is not from an institution in which English is the language of instruction, you will need to submit TOEFL scores.
Do I have to take the TOEFL?
If you are an international student whose bachelor's degree was not earned from an institution in which English is the language of instruction, you must submit proof of competency in English. Competency in English can be demonstrated by taking the TOEFL.